Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Faux Vintage Paper Cutter

 I love using vintage items in my home!  They have so much character and I love seeing them used in unique ways.  These vintage paper rolls are showing up all over peoples kitchens as paper towel holders, etc.  I would love to have one, but they can be kinda pricey!  In the mean time I found a cheap option to tie me over til I can get the real thing.....

Here are some pictures of the real deal...

 and here is the one I made for less than $10!!
Ikea sells the MALA Tabletop paper holder in the kids section. It is $6.99 and the paper roll is $4.99.
 Just a quick coat of spray paint and a little distressing to give it more of a vintage look with some character!
 I love using it as a table runner!  It is a cheap way to add interest to the table and can just be thrown away when done!  I used it in my Thanksgiving tablescape but it will be the perfect thing to use day in and day out for the kids to draw on, spill on, etc.










For $6.99 you just cannot go wrong! I would love to hear how yall would use it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment