Monday, July 6, 2015

Patio Makeover

We weren't really utilizing our patio space and now that Avery is getting older we wanted to redo the outdoor space so that 
we would use it and enjoy it!
Here is what it looked like before....

I saw this photo in the Pottery Barn Catalog and it was my inspiration.  I LOVE it!
I went to several antique stores looking for a Hoosier cabinet to get a similar look with a vintage feel.  I found the perfect one at Dumpster Diva!!
Here is mine:
I found lots of cute accessories at my favorite stores!!
Homegoods, AtHome, Tuesday Morning and Target!  The Target $Spot had lots of galvanized metal goodies (pitcher, olive bucket) that I soaked in vinegar to give it the aged look.  For only $3 I was thrilled with how it turned out!!


I was looking all over for a tiered galvanized tray and they were all $65+ and then I spotted the perfect one at Sams Club for ONLY $24.88!!  SOLD!  
(I share all kinds of shopping tips on our IG account....be sure to follow along with us there)
I knew I wanted a farm table and metal cafe chairs.  I had the amazing Dumpster Diva build me a custom farm table with old shiplap as the top.  You can see the original nails and cheese cloth on the top.  I LOVE it.  Then I ordered these chairs below on Amazon.  Only $299 for 4 chairs!
This was a steal!!  Restoration Hardware also has some awesome ones called the Remy Chair for only $99 each.

Here is the final look:

We are loving it and eat dinner out there several nights a week!
Recently I found this awesome sign at AtHome stores that I added.  I love that it has a barn on it.  One day my dream is to live in a farmhouse...until then I will just have a picture of a barn on my patio :)

We also wanted to add some fun stuff to our yard for Avery (and eventually Braden) to play with.  We got Avery her own dream house and swing set.


Here is a view from the playhouse at night.  I got these light up marquee lights at Joann Fabric for $8.99.

Still want to add some cafe lights and a few other finishing touches, but we are pretty close to done.  Thanks for stopping by!












No comments:

Post a Comment