Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Yummy Dips- Spinach Artichoke and Crab Delight

With the Mavericks being in the playoffs this is the time for sports watching parties and yummy food!  Two of my go to appetizers to bring to events are Spinach Artichoke Dip and Crap Dip.  They are delicious and easy!  I am not a huge cook so when I find items that everyone loves I bring them over and over :)

 *photos borrowed from The Food Network*

 
I am a huge Spinach Artichoke fan and have tried many different recipes, but this one is hands down my favorite.
 
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
Ingredients:
2 pkg 8oz cream cheese softened
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts drained and chopped
1 pkg (10oz) chopped spinach drained and thawed
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I use Kraft in plastic container)
1 clove minced garlic
 
Beat Cream cheese and mayo until blended and then add other ingredients
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes
 
Place in 1.5 quart casserole dish.  Serve with chips or crackers
 
 
CRAB DIP
Ingredients:
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup onion minced very fine
1 6 oz can crab meat flaked
1/4 tsp curry powder
6 drops hot pepper sauce
2 TBS dry bread crumbs
 
Butter 1 quart casserole dish.  In medium bowl combine all ingredients except bread crumbs.  Spoon mixture into buttered casserole dish.  Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.  Serve with pita chips or crackers
 
 
In the spirit of recipes I wanted to share some cute recipe cards.  I just love mason jars and it makes me want to cook a recipe more if it is on a cute card :)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment