Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Vent Hood Makeover & my favorite new sign

I love my home, but since we built my taste has changed.  I dream of having a farmhouse one day with shiplap and white everywhere!  My dream kitchen will have large planked wood floors, white cabinets and subway tile backsplash.  My current kitchen has dark cabinets and light tile floors.  I have been wanting to add shiplap above our stove to lighten up the kitchen and give it more of a farmhouse feel since we are not going to be re-doing our entire kitchen :).
Here is the before....very dark!!




 The amazing "DUDE" from Dumpster Diva came over and worked his magic!!  He added authentic shiplap taken from an old home over the hood.  I just love all the character in this wood.





 It actually looked really good with the natural wood color, but I was looking to lighten up the kitchen so time for some paint!!


 While I love it white I wanted a little distressing to pull out the original shiplap wood color.  I LOVE LOVE the end result!  I cannot believe how much it lightened up the kitchen!  The photos really don't do it justice. It completely changed the look and feel of my kitchen.  It is less formal now and flows so well with the rest of the house.


I have been wanting to add a beautiful sign above the stove to tie everything together, but wasnt sure exactly what I wanted.  I LOVE the work Caroline does from Vine + Branches.  She makes the most beautiful signs and when I saw her Gather Sign I knew it was just perfect!!  It is 24"x 24" and incredible quality.  I love what it says too because we all Gather in the kitchen.  Thank you so much Caroline for the amazing gift! It is just perfect to complete the look and I cannot wait to add more of your signs to my home!
Yall, check out the adorable packaging her signs come in!

 Then under the packaging it is wrapped so cute!  Such attention to detail!








Thanks for stopping by and seeing my mini kitchen makeover!  If you are local and need any work done I highly recommend Dumpster Diva!  They do awesome work!!




No comments:

Post a Comment