Friday, June 27, 2014

Cupcakes & Crowns-Avery's Big Girl Room Art

I finished Avery's fireplace tufted headboard and now it was time to work on the art for behind her nightstands.  I wanted to flank each side of the bed with 2 framed art prints.  Here is what the room looked like before...

I didn't want the pink door there because it was too much chippy next to the new headboard.  I like to mix shabby and elegant.  I am so picky when it comes to art so after a lot of looking I decided to create my own art prints for Avery's big girl room.

I went to Michaels today and they are having a buy one get one free frame sale so I bought my favorite gilded beaded frames.  I needed 4 (2 for each side of the bed) and only paid for 2!  I LOVE that!!
FRAME TRICK: 
I love the frames I bough BUT they have 2 hooks on the back which I think makes it really hard to hang....so a little trick I use is to tie a string between the 2 hooks...then it is super easy to hang! See photo below....(this will save you so much time & headache)


Avery loves crowns and she loves cupcakes....so it was the perfect choice for her art!

I loved these when I found them...I tweaked the color and texture a little and they were all ready!


Now I wanted a fun background.  I used pink polkadot scrapbook paper for 2 of the prints and some of the burlap fabric I am using in her pillows.  
Here is a picture of the burlap fabric....I LOVE it!  It is $14.99 a yard, but HERE is a coupon for 40% off.

Here are the art prints all put together...

And here is what they look like on the wall!


(info on lamps HERE)

This side of her room is pretty much complete with the exception of 2 Euro burlap pillows I want to make for the bed.  Time to start on the other side :)



No comments:

Post a Comment