Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Project Nursery-Braden

A few weeks ago we shared some exciting news that we are expecting another baby!!
We announced yesterday that we are having a BOY!!
Braden Austin Hargrove will be here in November!

So....this means that it is time to redo the nursery!!!  I love a reason to decorate!

The nursery in our house will stay in the same room and Avery will move from that room to her Big Girl Room.
From our floor plan below the pink section will now be Avery's room and the blue section (currently Avery's nursery) will become Braden's nursery.
The theme of the nursery will be Vintage Barn Chic.  Haha....not sure exactly what that means, but I like the sound of it :)

If you know me you know I LOVE barns!!  I love the shape, color, old wood, everything.  I hope to have one behind our future farmhouse one day!   Until then, I will have them as decor in my son's nursery.
This room will have lots of barn wood (shocking I know), letters, numbers, burlap, grain sack fabric, etc.  The colors will be browns, cream and robin egg blue.

Here is an inspiration board:
Here is the bedding I ordered.  It is called Mad About Plaid from My Baby Sam.
My previous job was as an Assistant Buyer at JCP in the Baby Bedding department.  When I saw this set I knew if I ever had a boy one day this is the one I wanted.  I love the patterns, colors and the details in person are beautiful.  The polka dots and Baby are all stitched on.
I only ordered the bumper and the sheets because you never use the quilt and I wanted a different bed skirt.  I am keeping the same crib I used for Avery which is white so I wanted a tan bed skirt.  Below is the one I got.  You can get it on Amazon HERE.
I bought this tea towel at H&M that I will be framing and hanging in the room.  The colors were perfect, I loved the vintage look and it was only $4.95!!
I got this pillow at BELK  on sale for $21
I will be making my own barn art!  I love sketches because I think they look more artistic.  I couldn't find any I liked so I made my own.  It is super simple and can be done with all kinds of images.
Click HERE to find out how.

I will be posting all my progress as I work on the nursery so stay tuned and follow along with me as we turn our girly nursery into one fit for a boy!










2 comments:

  1. Love the barn idea - can't wait to see it all come together!
    :) Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideas you have! Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete