Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Make your own art

When it comes to art I am super picky!  I like it to be unique and personal.
I love decorating with numbers, letters, dates scrapbook paper, etc. 

I am in the process of working on my sons nursery and I wanted to do something different.  I didn't want to do typical boy themes like sports, dinosaurs, bugs, etc so I decided barns were the perfect fit!
I couldn't find anything that I liked.  Most of the art was either too "baby" looking or too "adult" looking.  I really wanted some sketches or architecture plans of barns, but was having trouble finding the right stuff.
So....time to make my own!

Here is what I started with:
These are just basic barn clip art images that you can find in google images.  They were not the look I was going for....too bright, too baby and just too wrong.


Here is the what they look like now that I transformed them. I will frame them and put them in Braden's nursery.

SO....how do you do this?  Let me teach you.

Do a google search and find any clip art image.  Copy the image and put it in Powerpoint.
Once you crop it and get the image the size you want click on the photo then go to the top tabs on Powerpoint and click on Format, Artistic Effects and then choose pencil grayscale.
You can choose all kinds of effects from chalk, water color, mosaic, etc.
Pencil grayscale and pencil sketch are my favorite!


Here is a side by side showing you the before and afters:


Here are some other examples.  I love barns and crowns so here are some crowns turned into sketches using the same technique.

 I love ways to come up with your own custom look for super cheap!!!
Have fun creating your own art! 







No comments:

Post a Comment